With a walking tour of Straus Home Ranch
Did you know that …
- West Marin’s magnificent agricultural land and open space was this close to being paved over by urban sprawl, just a few decades ago?
- West Marin has been a major hub of innovation in organic agriculture, artisan foods and the farm-to-table revolution?
- Every Holstein cow has a unique pattern on her nose?
- TAKE A TOUR: These topics (and more!) will be covered in a new series of walking tours at the historic Straus Home Ranch, in Marshall. Guests will have a rare opportunity to explore this 166-acre, certified organic working ranch, guided by one of three Straus siblings – Vivien, Miriam or Michael – each offering her/his own … unique / quirky / humorous … perspective on food, farming and what it was like growing up on the farm. Following each tour – which includes a walk in the pastures, stunning views of Tomales Bay, meeting the heifers (teenage cows), and farm tales (not cow tails!) – guests will enjoy an artisan cheese tasting at the ranch’s recently renovated 150-year-old home (now available as a vacation rental).
- WHEN: 2nd Sunday of the month (spring through fall):April 10, May 8, June 12, July 10, August 14, September 11, October 9
- TIME: Tours start at 2:30pm – Duration: Approximately 2 hours
- PRICE: $20 / person
- SPACE IS LIMITED: 25 guests / tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Open to the public. Suitable for adults (21+). Although we don’t offer refunds for cancellations, you may transfer your spot to a friend or family member.
- TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT, AND FOR MORE INFORMATION, visit StrausHomeRanch.com; or contact Vivien or Michael Straus, StrausHomeRanch@gmail.com; (415) 335-6630.
Straus Home Ranch (www.StrausHomeRanch.com) – a 166-acre certified organic working ranch and vacation rental on Tomales Bay – has long been an epicenter for the environmental conservation, sustainable agriculture and organic food movements. For 75 years, the Straus family has been deeply involved protecting the land, and building a viable future for family farmers. Their contributions include the Marin Agricultural Land Trust (credited with protecting over half of Marin’s agricultural land from development), Straus Family Creamery (the first organic dairy west of the Mississippi), and the Sonoma-Marin Cheese Trail. The Ranch, which has been featured in Sunset Magazine, the LA Times, and received 50+ 5-star reviews, is owned and managed by siblings Vivien (actress & playwright), Miriam (agriculture & science teacher) and Michael aka the “Mystic Milkman” (journalist & psychic-in-training).
Straus Home Ranch | (415) 335-6630
StrausHomeRanch.com | StrausHomeRanch@gmail.com
KWMR: Quartet San Francisco
Sat. Dec 5: House Concert for an intimate group in Point Reyes Station. With the purchase of a $100 ticket to this event you are a Sponsor and enable QSF to perform the school education assembly. Join others for a special evening in a beautiful home. Limited to 40 attendees and tickets are going fast. The concert begins at 8:00 pm and desserts and beverages are provided. Please contact Amanda if you would like to attend. 415-663-8068, Ext 104 or email@example.com
Sunday, December 6: Quartet San Francisco in concert at Commonweal in Bolinas. Reserve your seat HERE. This will be a great show from 2pm – 4pm. The show is free, but donations may be made to support KWMR at the event. We appreciate your support.
Quartet San Francisco will be performing a special school music assembly on Monday, December 7th!
Save the Date:
KWMR is a media sponsor for the Wandering Reel Film Festival on Friday,November 20th at the Bolinas Community Center. Music and Lights following the film with local performers Katilyn Aurelia Smith, Danny Vitali and lights by Jeff Manson. For more information click HERE.
KWMR participating in the Dance Palace Holiday Craft Fair the weekend of December 4 – 7, 2015.
Sweethearts of the Radio at the Dance Palace Community Center on Saturday, February 13.
Spring Pledge Drive – March 2015
Eat My Heart Out Supper Club, Saturday, April 23 at the Peace Barn in Bolinas!
And on the eve of Veterans Day, KWMR would like to thank all who have served our country in uniform.